- Aché Laboratórios Farmacêuticos S.A. is founded;
- Moderex launch.
A history of innovation and sustainable growth
- Combiron and Sorine launches.
- Acquisition of the tract along the Presidente Dutra Highway to build the new Aché head office.
- Somalium launch; Aché presents its first clinical study at the Brazilian Cardiology Congress.
- Prodoctor Produtos Farmacêuticos Ltda. takeover.
- Laboratory moves to new building on the Presidente Dutra Highway, km 222,2 in Guarulhos (SP). Conceived by renowned architect Ruy Ohtake, the Aché I project is awarded at the I São Paulo International Architecture Biennal.
- Bracco-Novoterápica group acquisition, the first time ever a multinational is acquired by a Brazilian laboratory.
- Aché begins to implement IT processes.
- Tandrilax launch.
- Aché acquires Parke-Davis and the right to manufacture and sell PD’s drugs.
- Digeplus launch.
- First research initiatives into phytomedicine through partnerships with Brazilian universities.
- NeoDecapeptyl launch with pioneering microcapsule technology.
- Prodome, joint venture established with Merck Sharp & Dohme.
- Biofenac anti-inflammatory launch.
- Acquisition of 42% stake in Schering-Plough Brazil.
- CAC, the Customer Service Central, begins operations and Aché launches its first social-action project.
- Aché and the Universidade de Campinas (Unicamp) develop manufacturing process for component used in the production of Triac, an obesity treatment drug and hormonal supplement for thyroid cancer patients.
- Building of Guarulhos (SP) head office effluent treatment station.
- Novamax antibiotic and Gastrium launches.
- Aché V building opening, a management facility for the Childhood Development Center laboratory, a service for our employee’s children.
- Aché begins to produce packaging with Braille embossing, a pioneer initiative in Latin America.
- Notuss cough syrup launch; product used in common cold, flu and sore throat treatment
- Record year for Aché product launches with 13 new products on the market.
- Aché earns the right to use the esteemed Abrinq Foundation’s Child Friendly Company seal on its products.
- Aché takes part in the creation of the acknowledged Instituto Ethos for corporate social responsibility.
- Implementation of a solid waste management program at the Guarulhos (SP) head office.
- Deployment of new IT system at Aché, integrating all areas within the company.
- Quem Valoriza o Médico Valoriza a Vida campaign launch targeting physicians.
- Aché attends UN Millennium Project Conference and commits to its Eight Millennium Development Goals.
- Biofenac anti-inflammatory aerosol launch.
- Aché holds its first Jornada do voluntariado volunteering campaign involving all head and branch office personnel.
- Completion of manufacturing IT system implementation; barcode system allows for comprehensive product tracking.
- Projeto Incluirh launch, an initiative to integrate people with disabilities in our organization.
- Drug Donation Committee is created, benefitting charities and the underprivileged.
- Aché’s Ombudsman Office is opened, establishing a communication channel between employees and the organization.
- Opening of service center devoted to the hearing impaired.
- Aché sells share in Prodome joint venture.
- Acquisition of Brazilian division of Laboratório Asta Médica.
- Company launches its first phytomedicine, Soyfemme, for menopause symptoms.
- Acheflan registration in Brazil.
- Implementation of company Ethical Conduct Code.
- Acheflan launch in Brazil.
- Biosintética aquisition yields entry to generics market.
- Company adopts business unit management model.
- Dermocosmetics market entry.
- Increased internationalization with presence in 11 countries via licensing.
- Partnership with Mexican pharma Silanes brings innovative diabetes drug to Brazil: Meritor.
- Acquisition of 50% stake in Melcon, specialized manufacturer of hormonebased medication.
- Nutraceutical market entry in partnership with UK Oxford Pharmascience.
- Granted European patent for Acheflan, valid till 2024.
- Company launches its own dermocosmetics line: Profuse.
- Bionovis, Brazilian joint venture devoted to biotech drug research, begins operations.
- 32 new product launches.
- Acheflan Japan launch.
- 19 new product launches.
- Brand repositioning introduces new Aché slogan: Aché. Better living for you.
- Creation of the Innovation Unit and centers for Incremental and Radical Innovation.
- Molecular Design and Synthesis Laboratory opening.
- 25 new product launches.
- Partnership with Associação Maria Flos Carmeli, a charity serving underprivileged children in the downtown São Paulo (SP) Glicério district.